Saturday, June 23, 2012

Americans Thinking About Anything Besides Election


The latest New York Times/CBS poll shows that Americans are thinking about anything besides the upcoming Presidential election.  A record 81% of those surveyed didn't even know it's an election year.  Almost 36% could not name the current President.

"Obama?  What kind of name is that?  Spanish?" asked Big Richie Sveda, shown above, when told the President's name.  "I took Spanish in high school but forgot most of it.  'Hola' is Spanish, right?  And taco.  First Spanish President.   That calls for tequila shots."


African Americans surveyed were equally indifferent to the election.

"Havin' a brother in the White House is cool and all, but I ain't got time for this," commented Boston's Brenda Garr.  "Know what I'm sayin'?  I'm in court with my two baby daddies for child support.  Got my Section Eight application and a DUI.  I'm busy.  Know what I'm sayin'?"


"Election?  Nah.  Not interested," commented Rodney Schmidt of Des Moines who's never voted.  "Got my snacks, my tunes.  Got my Xbox.  Mom leaves me alone.  No time for that Washington stuff.  The President lives in Washington, right?"


"What do you want?  Huh?  Get the hell out of here," said a bat-wielding voter who refused to give his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment