Friday, August 31, 2012

Convention "Too Damn Noisy" For Crankiest Delegate


"Shut the hell up," Mrs. Brighton told bozo behind her.


The Republican National Convention in Tampa got a big thumb's down from its oldest delegate, Mabel Brighton, 92, of South Dakota.  She thinks it's too noisy.

"Why all the hubbub?" wondered Mrs. Brighton, rolling her now cataract-free eyes.  "Never heard such a fuss, such carrying on.  Hurts my ears."

"That band's so loud.  Are they drunk?  I hate that rock and roll.  The singer's awful.  Yuck!  Wasn't Perry Como available?"

Como passed away in 2001.  So did Mrs. Brighton's husband.

"Wilbur's rolling in his grave because of all this brouhaha.  Disgraceful.  I'm writing my Congressman."

Annoying Mrs. Brighton
"Left my ear plugs back at the hotel.  Would you be a dear and go get them?  What?  What?  Speak up.  I can't hear you."


No comments:

Post a Comment